The Good Doctor Season 2 Episode 12
There were zero patients this week, the stories instead dealing with the personal lives of our favorite surgeons in the aftermath of the quarantine—and I think this may have been my favorite episode of The Good Doctor. All the feels!
After that highly stressful day at the hospital, each of our surgeons are finding their own ways of letting go.
- Shaun goes out with Lea and Glassman (who has just undergone his procedure for meningitis). They have a blast racing go-karts, and Lea and Glassy are still being quite friendly with each other—there’s some chemistry there, I’m telling ‘ya!
- Claire is destressing by playing her guitar and singing, but Reznick has other plans. After hijacking Claire’s dating app, she calls her up, and they go out but end up arguing with each other. Claire gets a call from her mom who says she’s being evicted and needs help moving, and Reznick begs Claire to let her tag along. After she finally admits to Claire that she’s having a hard time with Tyler’s death, Claire lets her go. While helping Claire’s mom pack, the two discover that there’s a man involved. Her mom says he beat her, and she just wants to get out before he gets back. But after Claire and a gun toting Reznick hunt him down and threaten him, we find out that he did not beat her, in fact, he was going to propose to her. Claire’s mom has commitment issues (and she’s bipolar), so she just wanted to run away from this man who is in love with her. I have to say, as much as I enjoyed the competition between Claire and Reznick in the past, I really love these two as friends. They’re both strong ladies, and together they are a force to be reckoned with.
- Dr. Park and son, Kellan, destress at an arcade, alone with Park’s ex wife. Park talks with his ex about getting back together, but they’re soon right back into fighting with each other and it appears it won’t work out for them. However, by the end of the episode, she tells him she wants to work on the relationship and they share a kiss. Yay, it looks like Dr. Park is gonna get his family back.
Back At The Hospital
- Dr. Andrews is dealing with a snotty bureaucrat sent to investigate the events of the quarantine. She finds out about Lim injecting the guy in the ER who wasn’t a patient, and about Melendez and the DNR, and she also sees video of Shaun curled up on the floor. Andrews stands up for his surgeons and their decisions, but she isn’t backing down, and she’s recommending the surgeons to the medical board for license suspension.
- I saved the best for last: Melendez and Lim. Y’all know that they slept together, right before the quarantine happened and Dr. Lim almost died. So now Lim is in recovery and Melendez comes to see her, but she totally gives him the cold shoulder and he is clearly hurt by it. Later, she admits to him that she’s had feelings for him for a long time, and he admits the same. They agree to keep it under wraps for now because of the hospital investigation, but in the end of the episode she was being released from the hospital and guess who came to pick her up? Yep, Melendez. This is so sweet, guys, I really like the two of them together.
The episode ends with poor Shaun, alone, staring at a beer bottle, because Lea has gone off on a date. I feel so sad for him. Lea is never going to consider Shaun in a romantic way, and I think his feelings for her go much deeper than just a friend.
I’d love to know what you thought of Episode 12. How did you feel about an entire episode with no patients? Where is this going with the medical board, are you worried that any of the surgeons will really be suspended? What about Shaun and Lea, will their relationship ever be more than friends?
The Good Doctor returns January 28th, 10/9 C, on ABC.
Before you go: