Wanna Help Save The Baker and the Beauty?
Don’t get fooled by the title. The Baker and the Beauty is so much more than a love story between a baker and a world-famous celebrity. Sure, it’s got roots in rom-com, but it’s also an essential representation of the Latina community, the LBGTQ community, and at the heart of it, it’s about family. What would you do for your family? Where does your loyalty lie?
Here at So Many Shows, we are fans of the show! Funny, heartwarming, and a light during stressful times, Baker is an excellent escape from the craziness that 2020 has been so far. It’s sitting down at 10 pm with your family and falling in love with the Garcia’s.
1. First and foremost, sign (and share) the petition.
- Click here to add your name. (And have your parents, your spouse, your best friend, your neighbor, heck call up your old boss! Add to the cause.) Don’t forget to share it on social media after!
2. Let’s talk about social media.
- If you’re talking about the show, use the hashtag #SavetheBakerandtheBeauty! Tell the world why you love this show. Be sure not to use more than two hashtags per tweet to make sure it trends when needed! ABC’s President, Karey Burke isn’t on Twitter, but use the hashtag #KareyBurke and get her trending. Make her see all the noise!
- Tag @ABCNetwork, tag other major networks (ex. CBS [@cbs, @cbsTVStudios] NBC [@nbc, @nbcuniversal], FOX (@FoxTV), and tag major streaming sites like Amazon Prime [@PrimeVideo], Hulu [@hulu], and Netflix [@netflix]). *MOST IMPORTANT* BE KIND. No one is going to listen to someone speaking rudely. The old saying you attract more bees with honey is true! Be clear, be kind, and be proud!
3. Keep watching social media.
- Follow the showrunner, Dean Georgaris (@deangeorgaris), as he posts the most up to date information (and why aren’t you following him already? He’s awesome!). Follow and support the cast: Nathalie Kelley, Victor Rasuk, Dan Bucatinsky, Lisa Vidal, Belissa Escobedo, Carlos Gomez, and Michelle Veintimilla are all on Twitter!
- Follow fan accounts: @BakerBeautyFan and join in on their weekly Monday night rewatches to help get the show saved! Check out the graphic below regarding the next rewatch. Also, follow @RenewBakerABC and help out on any renewal and saving efforts!
Still, feel the need to do more?
4. Contact the networks directly.
- ABC on their website and tell them why you think they should give The Baker and the Beauty a second chance. Link here. Then, select ABC Programming Feedback from the dropdown menu. Again, be kind, be clear, and be proud!
- Tell Netflix you want to add to their programming. Link here. It’s as simple as adding the title and clicking submit.
- Hulu is already streaming the show; let’s tell them why they should save it! Click here to access their community. Pick a nickname and accept the terms and help get the show to at least 100 votes to be considered by the team.
5. Don’t give up!
- It’s a long and tough road to “save” a show… But the cast, crew, and creatives deserve your support. A well written show with this kind of talent, along with the explosion of diversity it brings to TV, quite simply, needs another chance. Your tireless efforts can be a winning effort.
- Remember to be kind, professional, and respectful when communicating via the above forms or on social media. A level-headed voice will always be louder than the angriest scream!
(Please check back as we add to this section.)
Until then, it’s important to keep talking about the show! TV Fans in recent years have shown how powerful a “fandom” can be, and it would seem that the Baker fans are no different. Will ABC realize it’s mistake, or will another network capitalize on ABC’s loss? Keep checking back with So Many Shows to find out.