Colony Season 3 Information
USA Network has released the S3 premiere date. CLICK HERE FOR INFO!
Want to WIN or buy a Colony inspired T-Shirt? Enter/Buy Here!
For those of you who, like me, can’t wait for Colony season 3, here is some of the latest information I’ve discovered from searching social media and the Internet. Though I don’t have any real plot details, if you don’t want to know anything about the upcoming season, stop reading now.
New Characters in Colony Season 3
He’s in at least one scene with Ally Walker and Peter Jacobson (so we definitely know Helena Goldwin is in Colony season 3!).
- Helena looks like she’s doing well, with hair nicely styled and bright pink lipstick.
- The scene with Helena and Snyder was filmed at the Trump Tower in Vancouver (see photo)
- Wayne says Colony is a great show and he’s enjoying shooting the scenes he’s in.
Other characters that show up in some of the episodes include (this information gathered from IMDB):
- Scott Garland (played by John Hoogenakker), who seems to be in several of the episodes;
- Meadow, played by Elise Gatien;
- Someone listed as Advocat, played by Alex Pepin;
- Montoya, played by Chad Rook;
- Someone listed as Whitehat, played by Shane Kim;
- Vincent, played by Waleed Zuaiter is also in several episodes;
- There are unnamed characters listed as Male Doctor, Nurse, Bus Refugee, Overbearing Mother, Passerby, and Paunchy Guy
In my previous article, I talked about how a lot of the locations they were shooting in were outdoors, and featured trails, waterfronts, forests and dirt roads. That was based on shooting in September and October of 2017. More recently, the shooting has frequently been in the city of Vancouver itself. Here are some details:
The location at 1100 Richards Street, shown below, is typical of many of the shooting locations in the city. This neighborhood was the location for shooting on many different days.
Around the corner from the building above are two restaurants/bars where indoor shooting took place in addition to scenes filmed on the street.
Based on all of this, I have some speculations about season 3:
- I think the early episodes will show the Bowman family traveling and they will often be in rural, wooded areas.
- I have a hunch the areas outside of the colonies are not completely uninhabited.
- Later they will end up in a city, which may or may not be an inhabited colony. One theory is that it will be the Seattle area.
- Snyder obviously starts out with the Bowmans, but at some point he meets up with Helena and some personnel from Homeland and/or the Governor General’s office.
- There are accidents and/or altercations involving vehicles and guns, and one or more characters needs medical attention for an injury and/or illness.
- No telling whether Maddie and Nolan are in this season at all.
What About a Colony Season 3 Release Date?
I have some theories about what could be delaying Colony season 3, which obviously isn’t starting in January like the last two did, and also some thoughts about what needs to happen in advance of the new season.
- The change in location, shooting in Vancouver instead of Hollywood, obviously put things behind schedule compared to the previous seasons.
- Several of the actors have other commitments so there may be some logistical issues in scheduling shooting with them.
- I’m wondering if the location means shooting is more spread out time-wise — having to take more breaks for travel, family time, etc., compared to shooting in California.
- Season 2 started on January 12, but they announced the premier date on November 15, and wrapped shooting on November 20. Entertainment Weekly and TV Insider had articles listing details about Season 2 as early as the first week in December, and there were lots of posts on social media teasing details of the season starting as early as November 23. So far, we have not seen anything like this at all. So I feel like we won’t see a Colony season 3 premier date for at least 2 months.
- USA Network traditionally has a strong summer schedule so they may be encouraging that type of schedule for Colony.
How to Find out More
- Check out my Twitter list to follow actors and creators of Colony
- Follow some of them on Instagram (you can get started with a couple of the links in this article). Not all of them use Instagram, but some who do post different stuff there than on Twitter and there are fan postings too.
- There’s a lot out there on social media that I originally was going to report on – but in fairness to the show and network, we’re not releasing that information. You can, however, with enough diligence – find out quite bit. (If you’re so inclined.)
- Pay attention to this So Many Shows site and watch for monthly radio shows on Thursday evenings, as well as other podcasts and articles.
- Rewatch Colony seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and post your theories in the comments here.
Images courtesy Google Maps
We have lots of Colony stuff coming, stay updated:
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: Get your Colony inspired shirt NOW!