Arrow Episode 14
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls welcome back to Star City – which after a two week hiatus – we are back with the greatest super hero throw-down since Batman vs. Superman! Arrow Episode 14!
In one corner we have OTA (Oliver, Felicity and John) and in the other corner we have NTA (Dinah, Rene and Curtis). If your of the faint of heart this may not be for you. How did we get here you ask.? Well, let me shine some light on things with a little history lesson.
Last Time on Arrow
• Dinah watches as Cayden James orders Black Siren to kill Vincent. After hesitating she does it.
• Dinah swears Terminator like vengeance on Black Siren.
• After Cayden is stopped, Black Siren and Dinah take it to the ally way for a showdown. After both woman miraculously dodge sound waves (which this week’s episode of The Flash showed that even a speedster can’t dodge sound waves), meaning these two are better than a speedster.
• Quentin shows up to break up the fight and that’s when Dinah literally attacks him and steals his gun shooting Siren as she blasts Dinah into a car. Now I don’t know if anyone else caught this but Siren is shot exactly where Damian magically stabbed and killed Laurel in S.4. Now if the writers wanted to rub salt in a wound that hasn’t healed for many, they did just that.
• The episode ends with Dinah once again proclaiming she is going to kill Siren in a fit of rage. The very final scene is Siren waking up handcuffed in the backseat of Quentin’s car. He is determined to help redeem her and I’m totally team Quentin on this one.
Now that we have explored the past, let us head to the present.
Team OTA VS. NTA
After finding out that Siren has the money, both teams start the search their own ways. Team OTA takes a more calm headed approach and after finding out from Quentin that he has been healing Siren, decide to help her in exchange for the money. Team NTA track Oliver using a bug to find out where they are headed and when that doesn’t work, Curtis uses the implant in John’s arm to find them causing John immense pain.
When the two teams meet up, it becomes an all out brawl. Everyone makes it out alive, but none of them will ever truly be the same again. Also, the two team’s trust in each other has fallen completely away.
Rene ends up having a collapsed lung and has to be flown to an outside hospital and when Felicity and John try to check up on him, Dinah and Curtis tell them to leave and don’t answer their questions.
I feel for the new team. Dinah lost her boyfriend because Oliver refused to help him, Curtis lost his husband in order to work for Oliver and Rene did what Oliver would do in his situation but got punished. I feel they need to calm down and rethink their actions though when they have cooler heads. Sound off in the comments about your take on NTA.
Siren and Quentin
As a big fan of the original Laurel I am always glad to see Siren show some of her humanity. I was taken aback at how she reacted when Quentin said it’s because she grew up with a father that made her look in all the wrong places for that support she didn’t have. First Zoom, then Chase and then Cayden James. That made me tear up but the moment he said now it was her choice made me cry. I am hoping Quentin won’t give up on her and she’ll return the money on her own. I was to see Siren redeemed. Sirens humanity is starting to show and I feel she really wants to be Quentin’s Laurel so she can have a father.
Along with all the baggage Oliver has with the missing money, Siren and NTA he has to deal with the new Police Captain Hill (played by Tina Huang) who is in leagues with Diaz. I wonder how all of that is going to come back to bite Oliver and Team Arrow in the ass.
Roy Harper’s return:
Though I myself am not a huge Roy fan, I am glad to see something gets Thea to suit up again. I just hope nothing bad happens to Thea while her and Oliver try to save Roy.
I am also interested to see what the fallout is from Siren pretending to be Laurel. Like I’ve stated previously, I just hope this leads to her redemption.
Until next week
Arrow airs Thursday’s at 9/8c on the CW.
Also, check out my personal site Word Palace
Leave a Reply